This was one of those meals that come together while I stood in front of the fridge. Usually when I stand in front of the fridge with the door open, I just find myself eating cheddar cheese, so this was a happy surprise. I’ve been keeping a bowl of cut up strawberries in the fridge (to distract me before I can reach for the cheese). I also had some edamame in the freezer, and when I mixed the strawberries and edamame together, I just grabbed some sunflower seeds from the cupboard for crunch.
This is a literally a throw-together kind of dish, but it’s just so pretty. I think it would make a great addition to a summer barbeque or picnic. I’ve been bringing mine to work for lunch and eating it over quinoa or spinach.
Strawberry-Edamame Salad with Ginger Honey Lime Dressing
- 1 package frozen edamame
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
for the spicy ginger lime dressing (version 3!)
- 1 tbsp finely diced ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- Cook the edamame according to package instructions and allow to cool.
- Add the strawberries and sunflower seeds to the edamame.
- Mix together all ingredients for the dressing and serve over the salad.
What’s the best meal you’ve ever come up with standing in front of the fridge for inspiration?